Sunday, February 24, 2008

My friends

Along the way I have made many wonderful friends. Some have come and gone, but they all have a special place in my heart. I think of people that I met years ago, preschool even, and the way they touched my life, and I appreciate them for being a part of my life. Friendships are so important to me becuase during my childhood I had to say goodbye to most of my friends before the relationships even blossomed. We relocated constantly, and moved almost every year of my school career, except high school, where I finally stayed in one place for 4 years. Too make up for craziness of moving so much during my youth, I always dreamed about growing up and having lifelong friends, taking trips together, and making awesome memories together. I finally have those friends, and I appreciate them more than they'll ever know. I can't put it into words often because its so dear to me that even the thought of it chokes me up. I have a wonderful group of friends from many walks of my adult life, and I love having them in my life.

The reflection today happened because my dear friend Jen Labella came to town. Seeing her beautiful face today, and her sweet husband Chris, reminded me of how blessed I am. Hearing their beautiful news today, and sharing that joy with them felt so perfect! I truly love my friends, and sitting with them, and Ethel today, made me pause and thank God for my blessings. My friends are true amazing souls, who are kind and living great lives. I'm in awe of each of them for their gifts to this earth, and I am so happy that I got to spend time with my them today. Love you guys!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Right back atcha!!!