Sunday, June 04, 2006

Houston we have a crawler!

Its official....our little lulu bean is a crawler. She started this great new task on Saturday while I was out with Grandma Z grocery shopping. Dave called my cell and was so excited that he was there to see it....he even took a video on the camera. Go Dave! I cried like she graduated high school or something....I just feel like we've passed a major milestone and theres no looking back. Olivia can now move to get things that she wants, and she does so very deliberately now...shes on a mission. My mom put it really good, she pretended Olivia talks and said " I've been sitting here watching all of you for 8 months, and now I'm off to see what all the fuss is about! Watch out!" So true! Lulu has been sitting pretty staring at us, and now shes off to create her own place in the world. How cool. I'm so glad that Dave got to see a first, as he misses her so much when he's at work. He calls 50 times a day for Olivia updates, and I know it meant the world to him to be with her for that first crawl. And you know what she crawled to....the telephone that had fallen on the floor! Thats my girl! Shes still not 100% sure of herself when crawling, and she takes these little breaks where she'll resort to rolling again, but Rachel assured me that these things take awhile. Rachel assures me alot about motherhood....thank God for her!! Thanks Rachel!!

We visited my mom and sister today and another first happened....Olivia knows the dog. We pulled up to my moms house and enter the house where Olivia see's coco and says " CoCo, CoCo, CoCo." We were shocked. Coco stayed with us 2 weeks ago, and Olivia has seen her alot, and we repeat Coco's name to her alot, but I was shocked that she said her name. Go Lulu. Tonite when I was putting her to bed she saw Coco's picture and repeated her name! So amazing these little beings are. I'm re-learning the world through her eyes and I love it. It makes me feel closer to God when I re-learn about the world through Olivia. I know theres a bible verse about that but I can't remember where?? Hmm??? I'll find it.

On another Olivia note, a friend called tonite who has a video for me that she just received about Vaccines. For those of you who know me, you know that I've delayed her vaccine schedule, and am doing this for safety reasons. I've done too much research and its such a huge issue that I just sort of shut down becuase I don't know where to go from here. According to my friend, she says this video was done by an MD, who did over 6000 hours of research on Vaccines, and quotes the CDC and World Health Organization, which is where I get lots of my info from. 6000 hours is alot of research, and I'm respectful of this because I've probably done 40 hours and my journey took me to places far and away for some very eye opening facts. I'm very middle of the road on this issue because I have to balance my child's health with eye opening scary statistics that most people don't even take the time to check into. I have been dreading her appt in July becuase it will mean I have to make a descision about what to do next. So far she has never gotten more than 1-2 vaccines at an appt, and her reactions have been normal. Ack. Its so crazy to think about, and I wish it were as easy as either doing them or not doing them, but its not that way. Oh well....this video is over 2 hours and I'm very curious to hear what the MD has to say. This is a tough journey for me, and has been the worst part of motherhood. Knowing that Olivia's future health is in my hands by a descision I make now, is something that I don't take lightly. We'll see where to go after I watch the video.

Peace and blessings