Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Changing crib sheets



So every morning lately, or so it seems, Olivia is waking up soaked up to her chin, needing a bath, and her crib needs to be completely sanitized. Changing crib sheets. Ok moms...is this not one of the most annoying, cumbersome things on earth? Are there any short cuts that I'm not aware of? I just finished changing Olivia's sheets, washing her mattress, washing the mattress pad and bumper, then putting it all back together. I just wish there was a better way??? By the time I'm done with this whole process I'm usually cursing out the bumper and the dang matress pad. Now that her crib is at the lowest level this whole process just seems very daunting. I'm ready to throw the bumper out the window, but she loves her bumper and talks to it, traces her little fingers over the hearts, and runs her hands over the flowers. I feel bad to take it out. I've even tried switching diapers but lately shes waking up soaked in both number 1 and 2! Ack. Oh well....all in the acts of love. :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I have thoughts about this issue that seem to be very similar to yours. I hate it! I find that taking the whole matress out of the crib sometimes helps. It does suck. Especially at this age when chance of SIDS is lower and we don't need the tight sheet anymore. I hear ya sista. The diaper issue is a tough one. Wonder if Livey would wake up if you changed her diaper late at night?