Sunday, March 11, 2007

Dean and Candie save the day!

We had a fun Saturday nite get together with Dean and Candie, who have 2 children under the age of 3. The kids had a blast playing together, and my daughter was occupied for 3 hours straight by 2.5 yr old Zachary. She was copying his every move, and thanks to Mr. Zach, Olivia learned how to climb on the sofa, and jump like a mexican jumping bean. She screams "Boing Boing Boing" in delight of her latest accomplishment. This new accomplishment looks like an accident waiting to happen, but for today I'm letting her jump to her hearts content. I hate to be a spoiler.

Anyway, i have been pretty concerned about Olivia's diaper rash from this antibiotic. Its bright red and painful. I showed the veteran parents her rash and they practically laughed at me., "Thats hardly a rash" laughed Candie. I felt better to hear that becuase to me this rash looks horrible. Candie then introduced me to Triple Paste
www.triplepaste.com

This stuff is amazing. In 3 hours her little toosh was returned to normal. Its a medicated diaper creme only for diaper rashes. I was so grateful to learn about this wonder paste that I wanted to pass it along to all my mama friends, and thank my blog reading friend Candie for giving me her huge tube of it! :) She later admitted that the rash was pretty bad, but she did what any awesome friend would do, she downplayed it to calm a nervous first time mom down. Thanks Candie!

We also did some vacation planning, as in a few short weeks we'll be leaving with Dean, Candie, and 4 other families on a week long Outer Banks vacation. We rented our very own beach house, complete with 2 heated pools and a kiddie pool. Mind you, there will be alot of people staying at this beach house, 12 adults and 7 kids. Yikes. I'm nervous but very excited about getting away for a week. We are dividing the trip up and leaving one day early to stay with my aunt and uncle in Maryland. Dean and Candie are doing the same as her brother lives in Maryland. It's a 7 hour drive to Maryland, so we're hoping for some really patient kids on Friday April 13th! Ack..Friday the 13th...the odds already seem against us! haha

No comments: