Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wacky, Crazy Holiday, Part II

I was feeling rather hopeless that I wouldn't find my happy medium this Christmas. All has not been lost, and I'm blogging to remind myself next year that I need to protect my energy. Sadly I have chosen to forgo our weekend plans where we usually attend my aunt's Christmas Extravaganza, and see all of my moms family. The date is always the weekend before Christmas, everyone comes bearing gifts, and holiday cheer. They've all phoned me for Olivia's size, favorite toys, etc, and sadly we won't be there after all. Its a 4.5 hour drive, just outside of Albany. With the way I was dragging on about my stress level, the least I could do for Dave and Livy was decide that we should stay home.

After I made the descision to stay home, something miraculous happened. I started decorating my house, ideas were flowing into my head about how I wanted the house to look, and I just started going through decorations and placing them where I wanted them to go. Prior to making the descision not to go to my aunts, I was paralyzed from enjoying Christmas becuase I was on overload. I was stunted from decorating. There as a huge block, and I couldn't even think about decorating. But I freed the block! Wow..how liberating!! Sure I will be missing a really fun party, but I was comprimising so much to make it happen, and not to mention traveling with a toddler. Staying home means having a weekend off to prepare for Christmas day Brunch, which is another area that I was stressed about. Its my 1st year doing Christmas and I'm nervous as heck, and I mean nervous. I never wanted to host Christmas becuase I feel like its too important a holiday to screw up! ha. Now with the Albany Trip canceled, I can just focus on getting ready for Christmas day, and now I'm excited. I'm happy to be hosting this glorious feast day! I'm so elated that my family will be here, and they will expierience their 1st Christmas Day Brunch. Our family wanted to have us host a 4pm dinner like they've done for the passed 50 years, and well, I don't think that sounds very fun so I took back Christmas and said , "We'll do something fresh and fun, we'll do brunch!" I just think that it sounds so wonderful to eat French Toast Casserole, Scrambled Eggs, and drink fresh squeezed orange juice as everyone mingles around. Much better than a stuffy sit down dinner.

Merry Christmas Everyone. I have removed a block and the world looks alot brighter now. :)

No comments: