Saturday, December 02, 2006

December 6th, 1976

This Wednesday I will turn 30 years old! Yikes! I actually am feeling quite uneventful about the whole expierience. Oddly enough, it isn't feeling like the milestone that I thought it would be. Perhaps I'm so caught up the Christmas cheer this year that my birthday sort of feels like just another Christmas celebration. My dear friend Ashley called last night and grilled me about the birthday plans, and asking why I hadn't requested a huge party to celebrate this "monumental event" as she called it. I gave her all of the usual excuses, "we just bought the house, we just threw Olivia a huge party, we need so much for the house, parties are expensive, and the list went on." All of those things are very true, but the birthday isn't going uncelebrated. Dave and I have a few fun plans that I'm looking very forward to. On my actual birthday we're having dinner as a family, and eating "Pasta Olivia" which is now my favorite dish but its origins date back to my pregnancy. We named it Pasta Olivia because its the one dish that I always craved, and the only one that she would let me keep down. So we'll have dinner as a family that nite, and then on Thursday Dave and I may take in Handels Messiah at the RPO, which hasnt' been done in over 10 years by the RPO. I am dying to see this performance as I'm sure its going amazing. Then On Saturday Dave and I are heading off to Skaneatlas for a full day of fun planned by Dave. Its their annual Charles Dickens festival, and we're going to have lunch at a beautiful Inn that my mom sugggested. Last but not least, Jenn has invited us all over to her place on Sunday for some birthday fun! :) I'm really looking forward to spending time with her, Avery, and Keith. My sister will be also be in town Sunday to join us. So I have some really nice plans for my birthday, and they're all things that I'm looking forward too. Its all about spending quality time with the people I love, and ringing in the start of a new decade.

No comments: