Friday, January 05, 2007

Dinner Swap




Yesterday Olivia and I met up(I hate the word playdate) with Lisa, Asha, and baby Aren. I met Lisa a few months ago, and since we live almost in the same neighborhood we had exchanged numbers in hopes of getting the kids together. When we first met we had also talked about doing a dinner swap, meaning we would make double of certain dinners and swap with each other. But we weren't sure what the swap would look like, and certainly didn't want to add more chaos to each others lives, so we tabled the idea until we could come up with a good plan. We both only cook with organic, whole foods, so we felt like a dinner swap would be nice since we share the same beliefs about food, but wanted to come up with something that would work for our families. Well, during the *playdate*(ack, I even dislike typing that word) we came up with what I think is a wonderful idea. We're each going to cook double of one meal, once a week, and drop it off to each others home. There will be no commitment of a day or time, you just have to drop off one meal, once a week, to the other persons home. Lisa already surprised us last nite and dropped off a delicous noodle casserole! Perfect! I am really looking forward to sampling some new dishes, and sharing some of mine with their family. I think this idea could work for alot of people.

No comments: