Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happpy New Year!!!

Welcome 2007! I sure am glad to see you. What a long and strange year 2006 was for me. I had a rough go of life in 2006, and am excited to ring in 2007. I don't have any exciting resolutions, but I have the hope of losing a few pounds, and continuing to work on our home. This week last year, we actually closed on our house, and thats where I got lost in the shuffle. This month last year was only made possible by two elves named Rachel and Missy who packed every box in my apartment, and stayed with Dave and I for the entire move. I am forever grateful to these two women for their kindness. I am grateful to all of my friends, especially Ethel who let me talk about what I was going through, and gave me hope that it would all be ok.

A year in review for 2006 is hard for me, and I'm tempted to block it all out. I was suffering from depression for the first time in my life, and really didn't know how to make it better for myself. I had never met a problem that I couldn't face, but this seemed bigger than me. Even though I functioned ok, and could still outwardly act somewhat like Lisa, I really wasn't ok inside. I was hurting. That took me by surprise. I'm talking about it openly in the event that any of my friends go through this, I would never want you to feel alone. People say that it was post-partum, but I know that it very well could have been due to a series of unlucky events, and my reaction to them, that caused the depression. At any rate, I coped through God, and therapy, and I can honestly say that entering 2007 I am 90% back to me.

But I dont want to forget some of the good things that happened. I had a blast working at People's Pottery, and through the Zenness of that store I actually contemplated the funk that I was in, and got myself back on track. I learned that I love art glass. It was a nice place to spend a few hours, and I really have fond memories from PP. My coworkers were adorable and I still miss them. Then I landed a wonderful, good, flexible part time job in my field, at the Cancer Center, that I am growing to love more each day. I feel needed there, and I'm getting to do some amazing therapy with people, and I enjoy it.

I learned in 2006 that we as people have years that rock our world, and change us, and make us face things we didn't even realize are going on inside of us. The bright spot of the year was watching Olivia go from an infant to a toddler. I am having so much fun with her now, and who knew how much personality would be inside this beautiful little soul. Its so awesome. Although I'm not ready to expand the family anytime soon, I am definetly one proud and happy mommy.

So I welcome 2007 with open arms and with anticapation for all the things that life has in store for me. I'm better, stronger, and more humble than ever before, and I like that. I have always admired the humble so much, and I now see what it takes to become more humble. I certainly don't like the wilderness journey, but its so true that the sun does shine again, and the old saying "this too shall pass" is now a favorite of mine.

No comments: