Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers day! I hope that all of you wonderful mommies had a relaxing day celebrating mommyhood.

My camera is broken so I'm a bit beside myself that I couldn't take pictures, which also means that no pics will be posted here. I should have bought a disposable but forgot all about it. I had a very nice second mothers day. The weather was perfect and the sun shined all day! This morning Dave cooked a really nice breakfast for my mom, me, and Liv-Liv. He made blintz's, pancakes, fruit salad, and eggs. It was so sweet. He took over the whole kitchen and really made a beautiful meal. My mom and I were so touched over it, and I think that Dave knew how much we all appreciated his hard work. Then we headed off to the Genesee Country Museum for a very interesting day. I've never been there, and today they were having a special celebration of women. I was so eager to hear Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton speak, or at least the characters who played them. I felt like they were really there, sharing their stories, and to think that they never got to live to see all of their hardwork pay off! They never got to see women have the right to vote! They talked about that, and how hard it was to realize that it wouldn't happen in their lifetimes. I love those two women. Susan B. was single all of her life and traveled the country speaking out on the injustices done to women. Elizabeth Cady was her closest confidante, and actually wrote many of Susan's speeches, but due to being a mother of 9 children she could rarely travel. I love knowing the story of women's suffrage, and staying connected to the history behind it becuase thousands of women worked tirelessly so we could have the rights that we do today. I've been reading a wonderful book called "Failure is Impossible" and its all about Susan B's life, so today was a real treat to take part in the fun day at the GCM.

It was a great Mothers day and I hope that all of my friends and family also enjoyed their day!

No comments: