Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Changes

Next week marks my last week of being employed at the Cancer Center. I've cut my hours back(just in time for summer) and am embarking on a new journey back to the land of hospital social work. The descision to leave the cancer center after only 8 short months of working there wasn't an easy one, the descision was made with my family in mind. Dave and I are firmly rooted in some of the things that we want for Olivia, and while theres alot that we don't know yet, one thing that we do know is that having someone at home on most days works best for us. Dave said the house has a whole different "vibration" on days that I'm home. I will be working weekends now, which isn't ideal, but allows me to be home Monday thru Friday with Olivia. I'll still be working in the same department, except I'll be seeing the patients who come to the hospital. I used to be a hospital social worker so I at least know what I'm getting into. During the week its back to the land of Stay at Home mom, and on weekends its back to the hospital warzone! :) Yes it can be that bad, but I'll just have to remember that on Monday thru Friday I get to hang with someone pretty special.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Lucy- You're doing what's best for your family and you're doing it with love (you're always telling me that if it's done with love, it's always the right thing.....). As Fred Rogers would say, "I'm proud of you, so proud of you....I hope that you are proud of you too". Olivia is so lucky to have such a wonderful mommy and daddy.

Megan said...

Lisa-
It's hard to make such decisions, isn't it? We are in the mist of putting Ella into daycare and I am really rethinking my whole work schedule. I am proud of you for being able to put the little peanut first! You are a wonderful mother. I miss you!

Mom of Mattie said...

I second all that Jenn said. You know in your heart what will make you and your family strong in the end. Being a stay-at-home mom is nice, cherish it, because most don't have the option.