Friday, April 27, 2007

The No Child Left Behind what????

This post is from my friend Danielle, who teaches in a city school. She risks her life everyday to try and reach, teach, and empower our nations youth. There has to be a better way to handle what is going on with schools today, and quite frankly, if it wasn't for Danielle, and my sisters stories about working in City Schools, I too would be far removed from the problem.

Well, the past 2 days have been very tough.. Yesterday, fights all day
and a
cop gets jumped in our school, then after school one of my students -
steven- gets murdered over a chain..
Today we had threats of retaliation, and went into lockdown, and were
dismissed at 1:45...

what has this world come to?

Tell me something positive that is going on, so I can get my mind off
of
things:)

-danielle

No comments: