Friday, April 06, 2007

Puppylove


This is Coco. This is Olivia hugging Coco. Olivia lives for this dog, and talks about this dog everywhere we go, to anyone who will listen. No matter who visits our home she asks if Coco is with them. I have never seen anything like it. The pediatrician, church, wegmans, my in-laws house, friends houses, neighbors houses, and anywhere to anyone who will listen, Olivia will ask for Coco. Coco is 17 years old, so needless to say every minute with her is a blessing. We all love Coco, and I hand picked her from Lollypop farm at age 12. I refused to leave Lollypop without Coco and hung onto the cage until my mother agreed that we could take her home. I should have been grounded, but instead we were too busy loving Coco that my mom soon forgot about my antics. But in my defense she was shaking from fear and communicating with me in her own way, just begging to live with us. And we've never been sorry, she has been one trully amazing dog! I've even written a goodbye blog post when we thought that Coco was about to enter her heavenly realm...but she pulled through. Shes amazing and we love her, and so does her newest fan Olivia! Most people would think that a 17 year old dog would want nothing to do with a 17 month old baby, and they're right. Olivia tries anything to get Coco's attention, and Coco just keeps walking away from her, but truth be told when Olivia goes to take a nap Coco is restless and wants to lay next to the crib. Its ironic becuase Coco spends most of her visits trying to escape from Olivia, but there must be some bond there. Anyway, we finally grabbed this photo and I had to share!

No comments: