Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dental Hygiene

I was introduced a few days ago to this local website, http://www.cleanwhiteteeth.com/. It is the website of Dr. Ellie, read about her and I guarantee that you'll like her. She also has a great blog at http://www.askdrellie.blogspot.com/ I wanted to pass it along in case it can help anyone else. I have had some cavity issues since having a baby, and wanted to get to the bottom of why?? There is also a great website for moms on children's dental health that I also wanted to pass along, http://www.spiffies.com/

My dental crusade has been going on because I had 3 cavities filled by my dentist a few months ago, and they were filled using those new "white fillings." Those are pretty bad for a womens hormones, and they're basically filled with chemicals. I wouldn't mind that so much, and might have forgotten about it IF I haven't been having this horrible plastic taste in my mouth whenever I eat hot foods since the fillings were put in. This must be happening becuase the fillings are interacting with the hot food, and then some chemical is getting emitted all over my mouth. The dentist said that this has never happened to anyone else before, and she promised to give me an ingredient list of the fillings, but she hasnt' yet. It happens on the same side of my mouth that the fillings were placed on, so what else can it be??

So to make a long story short, my dentist also mentioned that I have two cavities that "shes keeping an eye on" and I wondered if there is anything that I can do to encourage my body to heal those cavities without drilling my poor teeth and pooring in awful chemical cavities. I spoke to a good friend from Holsitic Moms, and now we're all buzzing about healing our cavities. So Dr. Ellie says that "yes" we can heal and prevent cavities by a simple regime, which she gives you on her website, all of which can be purchased at the drugstore, except for her Zellie's products which are at Lori's Natural Foods. I'm excited to give this a try! I will keep my blog posted about my progress. I'll also post Dr. Ellie's Regime below!

For Clean, White Teeth
Pre Rinse with ClosysTM and brush your teeth with a clean toothbrush
Freshen your breath with Listerine®
Protect your teeth with a final rinse of Act®
And - Eat Zellies with 100% Xylitol After Meals, Any Time, EverydayDownload and print information about the
Zellies Complete Mouth Care System (pdf)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I'd love to hear an update on your teeth... I just started using Dr. Ellie's system...

Tammy
http://www.tammysrecipes.com