Monday, May 29, 2006

Busy weekend!




What a fun weekend it was! Yeah! I love those fun weekends. We had some friends visit, Jen and Chris, who just fell in love with Olivia. They were so good with her, and really seemed to have fun with her. Lulu was definetly flirting with Chris, which I thought Jen handled pretty well. He got the most crinkly nose smiles that I've seen in awhile, but in all fairness, Jen got her fair share as well. On Saturday Jenn T had a picnic for our undergrad Brockport crew. Everyone seemed a bit tired by the unexpected heat, but all in all we had a good time. She made some awesome food, and Jenn and Keith were the "hosts with the most" as they always are! They really know how to make you feel at home. :)
Monday we had the family over and did some planting, along with eating lots of food. We stuck with the all american menu of potato salad, corn on the cob, burgers, caprise salad, apple pie, pineapple summer cake, and lots more. Ralphie was a big help with the planting, which is good since I know nothing about gardening. I wish I had paid more attention when my mom was slaving away in our gardens growing up, but I always had better things to do like talk on the phone, or sunbathe. :) Livy started copying everything we said this weekend, and doing her best to repeat it, such as the phrase, "good girl" was "ga ga." When we said " ca ca" in warning her not to put something in her mouth, she would keep saying it over and over. So cute! She is really really blossoming, and changing daily now. I feel like we're leaving babyhood and heading into toddlerhood. So fun and amazing!
I"m getting nervous about my 2 upcoming interviews. How do I get two interviews in one week? Isn't it funny how life works....you go from zero to two in a matter of 24 hours. Crazy. Wish me luck...I feel out of practice. I better brush up. I'm feeling so sad about leaving lulu....it really is bothering me, but I'm trying to get hired first before worrying. It will be good for her to be with her grandparents a few times a week, but at the same time I'll miss her.
On wednesday Livy's new friend Aiden is coming over for a few hours. His mom has an errand to run so I'll be watching Aiden. His mom Deb is our neighbor, and we decided to trade off here and there for babysitting. He's only a few mo
nths older than Livy so it will be great for her to have a playmate now and again.