Thursday, May 18, 2006

Rainy day


What a rainy day! Ack. Boring rainy day. However, it ended with the sun coming out so Lulu and I headed out for a walk to the drugstore. While we were there we chatted with the manager, who has a son lulu's age. He spoke of how hard it is to leave him at daycare every morning, and trust his son in the hands of someone else. Which made me think how hard it will soon be for me, when I go back to work, to leave Olivia for the day. I received a call for a job interview today, so now reality has struck that within a few weeks I could be joining the land of the working folk again. I will have to establish a new routine and schedule, and drop Olivia off at my in-laws. We'll have new mountains to climb, new adjustments to make as a family, and new transitions. I'm getting ahead of myself here because I haven't been offered a position yet....but it just made me think. The reality of leaving Olivia in the caring hands of my in-laws will be a change for me. But if it happens, then its God's timing, which is always perfect.

Speaking of changes, my family pet coco isn't doing too well, and may be passing on sometime this week. She has been a loving and devoted Dog to our family, and it is with great sadness that I even write this. She used to meet me at the bustop, and wait joyfully for our afternoon strolls. When I lived at home we used to walk and walk, me and Coco, just talking about life and all its idiosyncracies. :) My high school friends knew coco well, as did my college friends. She was the friendliest dog you could ever hope to know, and she still is. Even Olivia got to meet her, and just adored Coco. She is a beagle/shepherd mix, and has lived 16 wonderful years, 14 of them with us. She spent her early days roaming Ridgeway avenue until someone turned her into the Humane society where we were lucky to have found her. I will miss her dearly. Here she is with Dave and I, on the church steps at our wedding ceremony...we couldn't have passed up the opportunity to be photographed with such an amazing soul. I love you Coco.

Lisa