Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Thoughts



When I opened my email this morning I found an email from Sharon (my old supervisor from my graduate internship who I still keep in touch with) pleading for my help. She just had surgery and needed a ride out to her doctor in Canandagua. She had a very early appt, which would leave me barely any time to get me and Olivia ready....but I decided that maybe I should consider helping her out. Normally I'm not so flexible, but today I decided that maybe God wants me to start being more flexible. In doing so I dropped her off at her doctor's appt, and was able to drive around and kill some time. My hubby and I had our reception in Canandagau, so I drove by the place, just for fun. Livy was fast asleep as I pulled into the parking lot. I have been back there a few times since my wedding, and always enjoyed going. But there was just something about today. It was really special. I drove up and saw the awning outside, still the same, where we had our receiving line. Then I saw the porch overlooking the lake, where our guests enjoyed their meal, and the gorgeous view of the lake. I thought about all the people who came to wish us well, and traveled in from places near and far. Then I saw the windows of the room that we stayed in, and how we peaked our heads out the morning after to wave goodbye to our family/friends who stayed there with us. I thought about the way my family danced til the end, and had more fun then I seen them have in awhile. I recalled my feelings as we walked down by the docks for pictures, and I remembered how I kept thinking, "Cherish today, its history in the making, and you only get to live your wedding day today. Today is the only day we get to be bride and groom." It was trully a perfect day.

Going there today reminded to celebrate more often the reason's that I married Dave, and why I was so happy on that day. There has always been something special about that place, and it brought back all those feelings of why I chose to have my reception there, and celebrate one of my most beautiful days on Earth. So if you're married, and you haven't been back in awhile, go to that special place and re-live that beautiful day together. My happy morning was a reminder that sometimes when we don't feel like being flexible, we might miss out on what little Miracles God has in store for us. Peace, love, and happy thoughts.