Saturday, May 20, 2006

Livy Update, 7 months




Mealtimes are becoming quite interesting around here. Livy is ready and willing to try whatever we give her. This week our big introduction was tofo. I pureed it and added it to fruit, and later some veggies. She also tried yogurt this week and ate it right up. I can't really tell if she has a favorite food, but if she doesn't like something then she gags on it and looks at me with a very confused look. She tried some mashed up fresh organic banana's and she really really liked those. She sits all by herself now, and has been for about the passed month. Her vocabulary consists of "Mama" and "Baba." She also has started drinking from a sippy cup, but I certainly wouldn't say we've mastered it. She lets me hold it and she'll drink from it, occasionally grabbing for it. She loves to play "back and forth" games, meaning she'll make a noise and then we copy it back to her...this goes on for awhile. Her favorite is a pathetic fake cough, then I do it, then she does it, and this goes on and on. :) She also has been doing this whole new "crinkly nose" smile, (pictured above)where she smiles at you, then finishes it off with a complete crinkling of her nose. We go crazy over this smile...I have to get it on video! Getting her to belly laugh is more of a challenge...interestingly she will belly laugh when I'm kissing her tummy, but its only because my hair tickeles her face. Jenn (Auntie E) discovered that livy loves to have people's hair tickle her little face, it just makes her laugh and laugh. Go Auntie E!