Thursday, September 28, 2006

Happy Anniversary to us!!


Today was Dave and my 4th anniversary. How special it was to celebrate with my hubby today. We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant "Veneto." As usual the food was perfect, and we reminisced alittle about our wedding, and talked ALOT about Olivia. After dinner we headed to loews to buy a tub kit, ceramic tile, and lots of other odds and ends for our bathroom remodeling. While I was walking aimlessly through the tile aisle, another mom and I got to talking. She complimented me on my shoes (go Rachel!!) and then I told her the reason I was sort of dressed up was becuase we were out to dinner celebrating our anniversary, and since it was just the two of us we figured we better get to loews and take all the time we need to finish picking our bathroom stuff out. We shared a few laughs about how much life changes after you have kids, and how we wouldn't trade it for the world. I told the mom how we spent our first anniversary in a very lavish 5 star B&B, spending way too much money to stay there two nites. We toured the wineries, went to the grape fest, and enjoyed our view of the lake from our balcony. I instinctly knew that we had to celebrate in style for our first one, and I have always treasured the memories of that weekend. We had the time of our lives...it was like a second honeymoon. I feel like milestones should be special. So next year will be our 5th anniversary, and I don't plan on ending the nite with a celebration at Loews! haha We'll have to do something very nice....I better start saving up!

No comments: