Thursday, July 20, 2006

Bye Bye Moby


Moby has been my betta fish for the passed two years. I rescued him from a dorm room in Cortland College, where my sisters roommate was keeping him in a small bud vase. It was a sad sight. So I asked if I could have him and they agreed. He's been living with us ever since. After Olivia's birth I just neglected Moby, and wasn't keeping up with playing with him or cleaning his tank. I was just feeling anxious that I wasn't properly caring for him, so I decided to find a good home for him. I always had this vision, even two years ago when I met him, that he needed more room to roam, and I always hoped that he could be with other fish. Well God was on Moby's side becuase I posted Moby on Craigslist, and an adorable mother of 3, betta enthusiast emailed me right away. She has a 52 gallon tank with all kinds of fish and swore to me that Moby would do well. So one week ago I packed him up and gave the poor little guy away. I was a wreck over it and worried that he would die. But Karlie the new owner has done a great job of keeping in touch with me, and she says Moby LOVES his new huge heaven of a tank. She said his muscle tone is developing and he swims in and out of all the natural plants that she has. He has adjusted to the other fish as well. Wow. Thats cool and I feel better!! Moby I definelty miss you, but you're clearly in a much better place. :)

For more info on Betta's check out www.bettatalk.com

1 comment:

Christie said...

That's a great thing you did. Most people wouldn't give a betta a second thought. Kudos to you!