Saturday, July 15, 2006

Strong Museum

Took Livy on her first museum expierience today, at 9 months old. My mother rang my cell while we were there and practically laughed out loud when I told her where we were. She didn't hear the part about us being at a "Childrens Museum." So anywhoo, the museum proved to be a nice family expierience for all of us. First we had wanted to go around 3pm, but then Livy decided to nap until 6pm....not a good thing at all, but I let it go becuase i was getting my house cleaned. So she woke up crying and alittle grouchy until I said, "Wanna go bye-bye." Of course she loves going "bye-bye" so off we went at 6:30. The place closed at 8pm, but it worked nicely because it was a short while, she had a fun time seeing some different things, and it wasn't overcrowded. They had several areas where she could crawl around and explore, and lots of characters came up to her and she didn't get scared. Olivia seems to enjoy new adventures, and she crinkly nose smiled at all of the characters that came over to greet her. The day ended with a parade led by all these different characters, and all of the guests got to join in. It was very cute and the staff gave us props to wave around. The parade was quite unexpected and even had a band leading the way. So we joined in and walked with other parents and I realized that I'll be doing things like this for the next 15 years at least. Very precious. The only glitch was that my digital camera battery wasn't charged so we only got to capture one picture. Bummer!! Then a trip to the gift shop caused me to wish I had an extra 100 bucks lying around because I saw the cutest toy on earth for Olivia. It was a rocking butterfly, so colorful and amazing that I wanted to scoop it up right there and bring it home for her. But of course I couldn't do that, but man I wished that I could have! When it comes to toys I am such a kid at heart....I love toys, probably more than Olivia does. But Dave loved this rocking chair perhaps even more than I did, which never happens, as he usually trys to talk me out of things. I even looked it up online and it costs the same on ebay as it does in the museum giftshop. Oh well....perhaps for her upcoming birthday in 3 months! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

If you ever want to go on a double date...call us!