Sunday, July 09, 2006

A Family Affair

Spent the weekend in Cornwall NY, (an hour outside of Manhattan) to celebrate my Cousin Derek's graduation. He's off to St. Rose in the fall. Go Derek!! I am very fortunate to have such wonderful cousins, even though I only have a few, they are all really fun to be around. Olivia fared very well on the road trip! We stayed at my sisters apartment, which I got to see for the first time. She has amazing taste in decorating! I loved her apartment, and she has a beautiful deck right off of her kitchen..its perfect for her. Chris, her adorable Chris O'donnell look alike boyfriend treated us to dinner at his house on Friday nite....we had taco's. Yummy, and he even made me vegetarian taco filling...he's a keeper.
Things have been a bit strained on my moms side of the family, and I'm praying that things start to go back to normal...I guess normal would be anything before the last few years. Since my sister and I have become adults I think the family is going through a shift, and it needs to gain some balance again. Right now there isn't any homeostasis, and I'm hoping that some will be reached soon. The weekend was very fun, but I'm still sensing the tension with a few family members and I'm just praying it all goes back to normal. I guess families must go through shifts and changes??? Ack. Oh well....Good times...good times! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

FINALLY! I can leave some comments! Nice process of the family social worker Lisa! Seriously, yes, I think families all have to go through 'the shift'...shifts of power, emotional strength, etc. It is what makes us all family. Those challenges are what makes us or breaks us. Your family is so blessed to have you. I miss you Lis!