Sunday, July 02, 2006

Olivia



I know this picture is very blurry and out of focus, yet it captures so very many things, including my heart. It shows my most precious daughter leaping for joy as Daddy has just finished changing her. As soon as we're done changing her, as fast as the speed of light she attacks all of the products on the changing table. She wants it all and she goes for it all, smiling the whole time. Then theres daddy who is leaning over to throw her diaper in the pail, as he very carefully assumes his role as "lulu's sanitation engineer." He always makes sure that her diaper pail is clean and ready for whatever, whenever, and however. (I have her arm in mine as I"m taking the picture...no we don't let lulu leap into the unknown, this one was taken when we were on double duty, tag teaming the diaper patrol.)
My little lulu. Shes pretty special. Its very neat to think back at this time last year, and how she was really just a dream inside of my head. I only knew her as my little kicker, and I could only imagine what her personality would be like. Lately her personality is arriving faster than I can keep up with, and yet I'm enjoying her now more than ever. Shes a little person with a whole range of expressions and emotions. Her favorite is the Crinkly nose smile, but even that is starting to have variations. She laughs with me over nothing....we just stop whatever we're doing and we laugh, together, and we laugh and laugh. Its so strange yet so amazing, but we're sharing emotions now. Sometimes during a quiet moment while I'm feeding her I'll just look at her and smile, and then we burst into laughter and crinkly nose smiles together. This time last year I could have only dreamed about this, yet now I hang onto this special encounter and hope that we can always share such beautiful laughter together.

No comments: